We are always working towards adding new features and improving existing functionality to Shipmate based on customer feedback along with our own development roadmap. This change log provides a running commentary of updates and additions to Shipmate, notifying you of enhancements to the platform as we make them.
8th October 2019
- Web Portal
- Tracking Portal
Following customer feedback we have made a series of improvements to Shipmate including better data handling, user interface enhancements and the introduction of our brand new Tracking Portal, which allows you and your customers to view tracking events for all your deliveries in a user-friendly, publicly accessible portal that can be white-labeled to match your brand.
This new facility provides secure customer-facing access to your unified tracking, all within a user-friendly, white-labelled portal. You can easily create links from your website for your customers to track their parcels by order number or allow your customers to self-serve with zero configuration. By pointing a subdomain at the service, we can add your brand colours and logo to help it fit seamlessly within your web and ecommerce estate.
- NEW: Secure tracking portal requires order or tracking number to match with delivery postcode.
- NEW: View tracking information for consignments and individual parcels.
- NEW: ‘Out for Delivery’ status added for customer-facing use.
- NEW: Your own branded user interface when you point your domain at the service.
- NEW: Unified tracking numbers mean you can give your customers a single tracking number for their deliveries that stays active even if you swap carrier or delivery service before despatch.
- NEW: You can now add your EORI number for exports to the EU in Import/Export settings.
- NEW: Carrier tracking numbers are now shown on parcel lists, together with tracking links where available.
- NEW: CSV downloads of parcel and tracking data when creating parcels, importing CSVs and viewing parcel lists. This is ideal for reconciling tracking numbers against your order numbers within existing systems.
- NEW: You can now see if the delivery service SLA was met on each individual parcel.
- UPDATE: The Parcels list now defaults to showing the last 30 days of parcels to improve performance. You can still view any date range using the search facility.
- UPDATE: Improvements to the CSV import facility and error handling.
- UPDATE: General improvements to the user interface across the Web Portal.