Frontend (Vue.js) Developer
- Location: Derby, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
- Salary: Starting at £40,000 – £50,000, plus benefits
- Hours: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 31-Jul-2022, 23:59
Frontend (Vue.js) Developer
About the role
At Shipmate we are on a mission to simplify shipping for hundreds of growing merchants, combining contemporary technology with carefully considered design to transform what is often considered a chore into a straightforward, time saving experience.
Our platform integrates with all the UK’s popular carriers, is used to send thousands of parcels every day and has just seen the completion of a new Vue.js user interface, acting as the foundation of the next phase of the product’s development.
As part of our growth strategy, our current focus is on improving workflows, automations and interoperability with eCommerce, Order Management and Warehouse Management systems, while adding further functionality to support a wider range of customers.
We are a team of strategic thinkers, inquisitive in nature with an optimistic and determined outlook who solve real-world business challenges with solid, highly functional and scalable solutions that delight users.
We are looking for a Frontend Developer well versed in using Vue.js to build complex web applications and interactive user interfaces to help drive our growth.
This role is open to candidates located in the United Kingdom and is a hybrid role, operating from either our Manchester or Derby office.
What you will do at Shipmate:
- Work alongside our existing development team in developing and maintaining a wide variety of projects across the platform including product enhancements, billing, internal systems and dashboards
- Produce clean, well-documented code that performs at scale
- Solve technical problems of broad scope and high complexity, and lead development of features and projects
- Work alongside our Customer Success and Marketing teams in translating real-world issues into technical solutions for our customers
The role includes a wide range of opportunities to continue to refine your skills, learn new technologies and frameworks and specialise in the fields that suit you best. Career growth opportunities include the role evolving to Team / Squad Leader, Project Manager, Development Leader or Product Owner over time.
Our current stack:
- Backend: PHP / Laravel, REST, Websockets
- Infrastructure: AWS, Chef, Codedeploy, Vagrant
- Data: MySQL, Redis
What you will bring to Shipmate:
- Commercial experience developing complex user interactions using Vue.js
- A positive can-do attitude, being eager to make an impact on projects, learn new skills and apply them in a commercial context
- A collaborative, team mindset with excellent communication skills
- Desire to apply your skills in a way that helps others
- Desire to own your work, delivering features from start to finish
What’s the working environment like?
We operate from two regional offices in Manchester and Derby, on a hybrid basis. We have daily team stand-ups by video conference and a wealth of remote working applications and tools to support hybrid on-site and remote working.
Initially you will be required to attend the office regularly for on-site training and role familiarisation, with this requirement reducing over your probationary period to occasional office working, according to your preference and project needs.
The Derby office is based at Friar Gate Studios, a modern working environment on the outskirts of the popular and upmarket Cathedral Quarter. There is an on-site café and you are only a few minutes’ walk from the centre of town for lunch and after-work activities.
The Manchester office is based at Bonded Warehouse, a beautifully restored and recently listed Victorian railway building on the site of the former Granada Studios. Steeped in history and culture, Bonded Warehouse is at the heart of the new Enterprise City district of Manchester city centre, an area dedicated to digital and creative industries and home to many well-known brands.
Both locations offer a relaxed working environment with all the equipment you need to carry out your role, alongside endless free tea and coffee.
What does my employment package include?
- A starting salary of £40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid office and home working
- Bupa medical insurance
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Time to develop your skills and an annual training allowance
- Team days out and opportunities for trips abroad for conferences
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote vacancy reference SM-2206-4D with your application.
You must be a permanent resident of the United Kingdom to apply for this role.
The Application Process
Your application will first be considered by our senior management team, who will invite you to complete a short coding challenge ahead of a video interview if your application passes our initial criteria.
Upon successful completion of your video interview, we will invite you to a second technical interview with key colleagues you will be working with, to determine where best you will fit in our team.
This role is being advertised on behalf of our parent company, Codemakers Limited. Codemakers is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age or any other illegal or unfair basis.
Important: Recruitment Agencies
We do not use recruitment agencies. All unsolicited communications from recruitment agencies, job board aggregators or outsourcing companies will be ignored and calls disconnected.
As a member of the Shipmate Crew you can expect a truly competitive salary, a brand new Mac of your choice, health insurance, a city centre office within walking distance of all amenities along with regular trips to industry conferences (you choose!) and some memorable team days out.
Contact us: email@example.com
- New Mac of your choice
- Health insurance
- Regular team days out and socials
- Conference visits
- Time to learn and develop