Front End Developer
- Location: Derby, United Kingdom (Remote)
- Salary: Starting up to £35,000 plus benefits
- Hours: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: December 19, 2020
Front End Developer
About the role
We are looking for a Front End Developer to help support our existing development team and lead user interface development on key projects. The role would suit a competent experienced Front End Developer wishing to take the next step in their career and become an influential member of a talented, ambitious team.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting our existing development team in developing and maintaining projects both internal and external for our clients
- Producing clean, well-documented code, applying industry recognised design patterns and testing frameworks where applicable
- Adhering to industry best practices in accessibility and Search Engine Optimisation techniques
- Managing your project contributions using team development tools and source code repositories
- Influencing the continual improvement of working practices and application of technologies through maintaining track of industry developments
The role includes a wide range of opportunities to continue to refine your skills, learn new technologies and frameworks and specialise in the fields that suit you best. Career growth opportunities include the role evolving to Team Leader, Project Manager, Development Leader or Consultant over time.
Am I suitable for the role?
Experience working with templating engines such as Blade and Content Management Systems such as WordPress considered favourable.
Experience using prototyping tools such as Basalmiq, Adobe XD and InVision and graphics tools such as Sketch favourable.
Experience in building user interfaces for mobile apps using Swift, Kotlin or cross-platform frameworks is not essential but considered desirable.
What’s the working environment like?
The Shipmate office is based at Friar Gate Studios, opposite ‘The Copper Building’ on the outskirts of the Cathedral Quarter. We have a modern working environment, a relaxed dress code and all the equipment you need to carry out your role, with endless free tea, coffee and soft drinks. There is an on-site café and you are only a few minutes’ walk from the centre of town for lunch and after-work activities.
In-line with current Government guidance the majority of our team are currently working remotely and we have decided to make remote working an option indefinitely into the future. We would therefore consider applicants outside of a regularly commutable distance to Derby working remotely for this role, but occasional in-person meetings will be required. Applicants therefore must reside in the United Kingdom.
What does my employment package include?
- A starting salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working hours and remote working
- Bupa medical insurance
- Time to develop your skills and an annual training allowance
- New MacBook Pro
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Team days out and opportunities for trips abroad for conferences in the future
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote vacancy reference SM-2010-1 with your application.
The Application Process
Your application will first be considered by our senior management team, who will invite you to a telephone interview if your application passes our initial criteria. Upon successful completion of your telephone interview, we will invite you to a face-to-face interview at our Derby City Centre offices.
Shipmate is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age or any other illegal or unfair basis.
Important: Recruitment Agencies
We do not use recruitment agencies. If you are a recruitment agency or any other company offering recruitment services and call us, you imply your agreement to and are bound by the following terms: that Shipmate Limited will invoice you £250.00 + VAT for each call received, with payment due within 14 days.
As a member of the Shipmate Crew you can expect a truly competitive salary, a brand new Mac of your choice, health insurance, a city centre office within walking distance of all amenities along with regular trips to industry conferences (you choose!) and some memorable team days out.
Contact us: email@example.com
- New Mac of your choice
- Health insurance
- Regular team days out and socials
- Conference visits
- Time to learn and develop