Customer Success Executive
- Location: Derby City Centre, United Kingdom
- Salary: Starting at £22,500 plus benefits
- Closing Date: May 31, 2019
Customer Success Executive
About the role
Shipmate is a delivery management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution for mid-size online merchants and local delivery companies. We connect merchants’ order processing systems with hundreds of domestic and international delivery services through popular carriers, printing shipping labels and storing tracking details. Shipmate helps speed up and simplify order fulfilment, while reducing potential for human error and ensuring the most cost-effective delivery services are always used.
We are looking for a Customer Success Executive to help our customers get the most out of Shipmate, both when they sign up and throughout their lifetime as a customer.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the on-boarding process for new customers, liaising with carrier IT departments, the customer and our developers to ensure a speedy, efficient implementation of the account.
- Acting as a first point of contact for customers, providing technical support and advice to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Troubleshooting customer issues, liaising with relevant parties to achieve a suitable resolution.
- Providing assistance with our sales team for carrying out product demonstrations and providing insight and advice during the sales cycle.
We passionately believe that customer service is at the heart of what we do at Shipmate and this represents an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the business in its high-growth phase. Training will be provided in all aspects of the role and there will be career progression opportunities as the company and Customer Success team grows.
Am I suitable for the role?
The role combines technical know-how with customer service and project coordination, so we are looking for someone with a technical background - ideally in the field of logistics or retail, combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. While you won’t be responsible for maintaining the underlying systems and software, you will need to maintain a ‘power user’ level of understanding of how each component of the platform works and connects together, so you are able to advise and coordinate activities accordingly.
If you have working knowledge of software and equipment used in logistics, including warehouse management systems, thermal label printers and handheld terminals, this will be seen as favourable.
What’s the working environment like?
The Shipmate office is based at Friar Gate Studios, opposite ‘The Copper Building’ on the outskirts of the Cathedral Quarter. We have a modern working environment, a relaxed dress code and all the equipment you need to carry out your role, with endless free tea and coffee. There is an on-site café and you are only a few minutes’ walk from the centre of town for lunch and after-work activities.
What does my employment package include?
- A starting salary of £22,500
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Bupa medical insurance
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote vacancy reference SM-1902-3 with your application.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start between July and September this year.
As a member of the Shipmate Crew you can expect a truly competitive salary, a brand new Mac of your choice, health insurance, a city centre office within walking distance of all amenities along with regular trips to industry conferences (you choose!) and some memorable team days out.
Contact us: email@example.com
- New Mac of your choice
- Health insurance
- Regular team days out and socials
- Conference visits
- Time to learn and develop